All runners qualify for points series awards.
- Runners must complete a minimum of 6 races in the same event in the current series.
- Each race completed will earn you points.
- The points from your best 6 races will count towards your end of season total.
- For each event (Long run, 10km and 5km) the following categories will apply:
- Outright 1st, 2nd and 3rd
- Age groups: Under 16, 16-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80-89 (NB: Under 16 does not apply to the long runs as under 16’s are not eligible to enter those races)
- Outright winners are not eligible for age group awards.
- Your age for the season is determined by your age on the first race of the season. So if your birthday is on the 1st November and you are 39 years old on the 20th October 2013 you will be in the 30-39 age category for the entire season.
- For each event (Long run, 10km and 5km) the following points will apply:
1st = 20 points
2nd = 17 points
3rd = 15 points
4th = 14 points
5th = 13 points
6th = 12 points
7th = 11 points
8th = 10 points
9th = 9 points
10th = 8 points
11th = 7 points
12th = 6 points
13th = 5 points
14th = 4 points
15th = 3 points
16th = 2 points
All other finishing positions = 1 point
- Outright Winners – In every race, each runner will also receive points towards the overall point score. The points are the same detailed above, but applied to the race, not split by age divisions.
- There will be first, second and third male and female outright winners for each event So if you finished first in your race, you’ll receive 20 points. In your next race if you finished 38th, you’d get 1 point. Giving you a total of 21.